Question Can't run games on new build

May 30, 2020
I just finished my first PC build, I got windows installed no problem, updated drivers that needed it, and set my RAM to run at its advertised speed. I promptly began installing games. I quickly discovered, however, that nothing would run. I get into the launchers and click "play" or "launch" and it'll pull up a window for the game, sometimes even the game menu, but as soon as I go into actually play the game just closes itself.

This has happened with Escape from Tarkov, Planetside 2, CS:GO, I even tried minecraft just to see and that ran with occasional choppiness. Then I noticed even chrome and basic functions were relatively choppy. I couldn't find an issue and I figured I'd check here before I went to something like geeksquad or some similar such service. The only thread I could find that was at all like mine was from 2016 and none of the fixes worked for me. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC
CPU: Intel i7-9700k
GPU: GeForce RTX 2070
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 2x16gb DDR4-3200
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb and Samsung 860 1tb
PSU: Corsair TX750M
Cooler: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum
Case: Corsair Carbide Series Spec-06

May 30, 2020
latest bios?
check cpu temp?
Thank you for the reply, I got to a point where I could run games, albeit at ridiculously low fps, I tried the BIOS update with the latest one on MSIs website and EFT is back to not working. I was able to bring up and get into Planetside 2, which ran for 30 seconds (with video glitches) at 240ish FPS before the game crashed. After this I was unable to get into it again.

Finally, I tried Skyrim which immediately started with video and audio glitches, ran at 60fps before blackscreening with continuous horse walking audio resulting in me having to manually restart the PC as no inputs were recognized. As for CPU temp it hasn't gone above 32 degrees Celsius. I ran a benchmark, and this was the result (userbenchmark.com/UserRun/28783655), so I'm not really sure whats wrong