Can't run gta v

Mac_8_

Prominent
Jul 24, 2017
I have an amd fx-8350 paired with a gtx 1060 6gb and still cannot run gta v even at lowest settings i get 20 fps most of the time and I will get 50 and it will drop back in a few secs any reasons why it does this?

Solution
well between your ram hitting 90% usage your CPU at 80% usage I see a few things going on here. Your ram needs upgrading and your CPU isn't quite bottlenecked at 1080P. If you were hitting 90+% then I would say it was a CPU bottleneck. Try lowering your resolution to the lowest as well as all settings. Whatever that frame rate is your CPU is always capable of, assuming your GPU can keep up. Your GPU may not be keeping up. What is your GPU utilization while gaming? If it is not hovering near 95+% then that may point to a CPU bottleneck as well or you may need to reload your drivers. Personally I think your CPU should be fine for a 60+ FPS frame rate. Your GPU should be more capable then the 20-50 your getting on low which leads me to...

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
My first question would be what resolution are you trying to game at? My second would be what is your CPU usage at? GTA V is a resource hog (both CPU and GPU...but especially CPU). So as mentioned above a newer/faster CPU would help. Again some of this depends on the answers to the questions I asked. LMK the answers and I will see if I can help you further.

Mac_8_

Prominent
Jul 24, 2017
It is in both. Im running it at 1080p and my cpu usage is at 80 percent. I dont know how much ram would affect it but thats almost always at 90 percent usage.

Mac_8_

Prominent
Jul 24, 2017
Also on the recommended it says amd fx-8350 and thats not the minimum I understand that it would most likely be my cpu but ive seen other people run it with the same chip at 100 fps it was on 720p but at high settings so I would think that my computer could run it in 1080p at lowest.

salerhino

Reputable
Mar 16, 2016

Man, CPU isn't your problem like someone said here.
Problem is of some other nature.
How much RAM do you have;
What are the temperatures while you play game?

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
well between your ram hitting 90% usage your CPU at 80% usage I see a few things going on here. Your ram needs upgrading and your CPU isn't quite bottlenecked at 1080P. If you were hitting 90+% then I would say it was a CPU bottleneck. Try lowering your resolution to the lowest as well as all settings. Whatever that frame rate is your CPU is always capable of, assuming your GPU can keep up. Your GPU may not be keeping up. What is your GPU utilization while gaming? If it is not hovering near 95+% then that may point to a CPU bottleneck as well or you may need to reload your drivers. Personally I think your CPU should be fine for a 60+ FPS frame rate. Your GPU should be more capable then the 20-50 your getting on low which leads me to...

Try running DDU in safe mode and reinstalling your drivers. See if that helps things.
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Solution