Question Can't run my Gskill DDR3 at 2400mhz without freezing my PC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 10, 2019
Hi!

My specs are:
i7-4790 @3.6 (boost 4.0)
gigabyte Z97X-SLI-CF (latest bios)
Ram G Skill TridentX F3-2400C10-4GTX 2x4gb, I have additional corsair 2x4gb, which I am not using for this problem
GPU: EVGA gtx 1080ti FTW3
PSU: CS750M — 750 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold

I would like to get some help or assistance how can I run my ram at 2400mhz without my pc freezing all the time. Right now I am running at 2133mhz (XMP profile 1) which is stable, but I don't know that much about rams and sadly I am not sure what I have to do to get it work.

Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated!
teidybugi

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2019
Test each module individually to see if you can get one module to be stable at DDR3-2400. If both work fine by itself, then we can continue to see why they don't work together.
I'm assuming you mean with XPM profile 1 or with the timings other suggested here? First I'll test with XMP profile and from there will see if I would need to change anything.

Jun 10, 2019
XMP Profile 1 is fine.

Timings should be fine unless you choose to run them at a lower DRAM Frequency.

Sorry for such a late reply, I had a busy week. So I have tried with 1 module individually and it looked like it was gonna work, but after 45 mins pc completely froze after I've tried to open a new tab on chrome (with 4 gb of ram, that's quite a risky operation ;)). So after that I switched the module with another one, but this time it froze in less than 1 minute. So it looks like even each module won't run on 2400mhz alone.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS