Can't run virtualbox on x370 motherboard?

tomseurocat

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2014
I can't install windows 10 (64-bit) OS on a virtual machine using virtualbox software. All it will let me install is a 32-bit OS and that isn't what I have. I don't think it's working anyway with a 32-bit install either. I get as far as the piont that you start the VM and it fails right there. I get an error saying "AMD-V is not available (VERR_SVM_NO_SVM)." I did enable the SVM in the bios and have the hyper-v disabled on the host OS (W10 64-bit). I don't know where to go from here. Will a VM not be possible on my Ryzen 7 1700 on an x370 gaming plus motherboard?

Solution
For VMware at least, in Windows features, everything about Hyper-v has to be disabled as well as Virtual machine platform. SVM has o be enabled in BIOS.

tomseurocat

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2014
I've tried Hyper-v and Virtualbox so far. Hyper-v can't find and load the iso that I have designated. I took a picture of the error below and my system info page to see if you see anything out of place. I'm a newbie so it's very possible that I've done something wrong or don't have some background settings correct. If using Hyper-v is SVM in the x370 BIOS still supposed to be enabled?

8ECPAto.png
[/url][/img]
GxU8adg.png
[/url][/img]

tomseurocat

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2014
You mean install Linux x64 as the guest on the W10 host in Hyper-v, correct? No I haven't tried that. I have not tried VMware yet either.
I did get a little further in the process once I disabled the SVM in the BIOS. I attached the photo below of the error I now get. In #2, beyond the SVM setting in the BIOS I am clueless what it is asking for.
It sounds if trying VMware would be fruitless since I have the 1809 update.

SH8i22E.png
[/url][/img]