Can't save files from internet

Ivan_11

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Hi.
Sorry for my English.

I using Win7 and Chrome, no Antivirus or Firewall.

I have a problem - when i download my files from Rapidshare (others hostings seems to be working) to disk D (not system disk), when file is downloaded, i go to folder and i see nothing .:( I have used a Windows Search, Windows Brandmawer is off. No viruses.

Please help me to fix it or understand what is going on.

Solution

if it happens again.. then right click on the file downloaded in the chrome download tab. and select open file location or something similar will be there.. (i am a FF user.. so i can't tell you the exact term.) chrome will take you to the file location.
sometimes it stores in temporary locations, may be that's the case

Ivan_11

Honorable
May 15, 2012

Yes. Earlier, i've been using a Kaspersky antivirus or Norton, but now don't use any protection software beacouse:

1. last few months i've been checking my pc for viruses few times in a month and didn't find anything. But when I need to check my pc I use a Kaspersky free removal tool and AVZ tool(Download, check the system, delete it).

2. I use Google Chrome (it warns me about bad websites)
2. I use gray IP (it means, traffic goes to provider and than to customers. Provider have some protection)

Sorry for my English.

busymaverick

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010

if it happens again.. then right click on the file downloaded in the chrome download tab. and select open file location or something similar will be there.. (i am a FF user.. so i can't tell you the exact term.) chrome will take you to the file location.
sometimes it stores in temporary locations, may be that's the case

Solution