Cant see HARD DRIVE on PC

bayoyonski

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2008
Hello, TomsHardware members, im having a little problem with a Hard Drive, the hard drive is the one that came on a PS3, i change my PS3 drive and i want to use the Original PS3 HDD on my Desktop, so i just connect the cables to my PC and the Windows Recognzie and Install the HDD but it doesnt SHOW UP on MY PC i went to Search and write down Diskmgmt.msc and it doesnt show up there, so i will like to know what should i do, or what is wrong?

The PS3 uses a proprietary file system, but you should still be able to see it under disk managemnet. You will need to use disk management to delete any partitions on the drive, create a new one(s) and format the drive. Once it's formatted, it will show up in windows.

bayoyonski

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2008
Ya i did that, i boot my PC (like if i was going to install windows) it has a partition create and i Deleted it and the Disk was Format(format option was disable CANT CLICK ON IT) so i was like, well i thnk that partitions was the problem, i just solved it after i did that i reset my Computer and still have the problem. like i said before i check Device Manager, Diskmgmt.msc and it recognize the HDD but it doesnt SHOW UP on my PC, its installed on the pc but i cant see the ICON on my PC and it doesnt show on Diskmgmt.msc

Ok, sorry, but not sure how to read this. It appears that you deleted the partitions on the drive. Did you create a new partition? You can't format without any partitions.

Why did you use the windows install CD to delete the partition? Is it because it won't show up under disk management?

Other than that, I'm not sure why it won't show up under disk management if it appears in the bios correctly.