Can't see my apps in metro

LRanger

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013
hi,

I have win 8 pro installed in my laptop. Just yesterday i noticed i cannot see my apps in the start interface (metro ..is it)

Anyway i can see the apps i installed under Store > Your Apps

but in the metro interface they are hidden it seems.

anybody know what may be happening?

Solution
Sounds like there are deeper problems than icons not being present. Windows 8 has a few options for repair, but be careful with them as they can end up removing everything but your data files and giving you the effect of a newly installed copy of 8 again.

It may be simpler and safer for you to uninstall the offending apps and then attempt reinstallation of them, but while your Windows 8 App store isn't working that's not exactly an option.

Start by verifying the time and date of your computer is correct.

You can try Microsoft's App Troubleshooter: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=268423

You can switch from a local account to a Microsoft account, or vice versa from a Microsoft account to a local account, and see if your...
Have you tried right mouse-clicking the Metro screen and choosing the "All apps" button on the bottom right? Once you find the shortcut you want on the start page, right mouse-click it and you will have multiple options for pinning.

If you are looking for the Start menu folder for a program, it can be found under "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" - C is the default drive, but of course you want to make sure the drive letter is correct for your particular installation.

If you are looking for some other installed programs, could you be more specific in your description? :)

LRanger

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I tried to display All Apps still couldn't see the default apps like Photos, Weather, Currency etc.

Earlier...but after my earlier post i rebooted and my laptop started applying windows updates. After starting I noticed tiles that have no app to them, as in just tiles in the start. However, Bing is back :) and microsoft reader is also back BUT..they are not working..Store is crashing and exiting to the start when i click.

:(

Sounds like there are deeper problems than icons not being present. Windows 8 has a few options for repair, but be careful with them as they can end up removing everything but your data files and giving you the effect of a newly installed copy of 8 again.

It may be simpler and safer for you to uninstall the offending apps and then attempt reinstallation of them, but while your Windows 8 App store isn't working that's not exactly an option.

Start by verifying the time and date of your computer is correct.

You can try Microsoft's App Troubleshooter: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=268423

You can switch from a local account to a Microsoft account, or vice versa from a Microsoft account to a local account, and see if your problem persists or changes.

You can create a new user account, in case the current one in use has been somehow damaged for use.

You can clear the App Store cache by pressing the Windows + R keys, then typing wsreset.exe and pressing Enter.

See if anything here is of help with the situation.

Solution