Can't see partition in Windows XP!

Hi all

A bit of background first:

I had 3 hard disks - C, E and F. C is a 6GB holding Windows, E is 80GB
holding all programs/documents etc, F is 40GB holding Flight Simulator.

C was running really slow so as it is a really old disk, so I decided
to partition E into a 25GB for Windows and the rest for everything
else.

All has gone smoothly and I have split disk 2 into two partitions using
Acronis Disk Director Suite (similar to PartitionMagic). I can see
both partitions in the software, as well as in Disk Management. The
partition was initially hidden so I unhid it and restarted. I can only
view the partition in Disk Management and Acronis. Through Disk
Management I can even browse the partition (showing now as G) and see
all my files and folders!

Alas, through My Computer it never appears. Wierd thing, I restarted
my PC and when I went back into Acronis it was set as hidden again so I
unhid it!

Can anyone help please as I am getting very annoyed with this now!

Thanks in advance,
Noel.

Try creating another user,open new account,is it visable...You might also
try in diskmgmt.msc L.click on the partition,then go to actions,all,click on
"make partition active" if the option isnt greyed out.

"noelmg@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hi all
>
> A bit of background first:
>
> I had 3 hard disks - C, E and F. C is a 6GB holding Windows, E is 80GB
> holding all programs/documents etc, F is 40GB holding Flight Simulator.
>
> C was running really slow so as it is a really old disk, so I decided
> to partition E into a 25GB for Windows and the rest for everything
> else.
>
> All has gone smoothly and I have split disk 2 into two partitions using
> Acronis Disk Director Suite (similar to PartitionMagic). I can see
> both partitions in the software, as well as in Disk Management. The
> partition was initially hidden so I unhid it and restarted. I can only
> view the partition in Disk Management and Acronis. Through Disk
> Management I can even browse the partition (showing now as G) and see
> all my files and folders!
>
> Alas, through My Computer it never appears. Wierd thing, I restarted
> my PC and when I went back into Acronis it was set as hidden again so I
> unhid it!
>
> Can anyone help please as I am getting very annoyed with this now!
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Noel.

Hi there

Thanks for your replies. I can see the contents of the partition I
want Windows to be in, indeed I have ghosted the contents of my
existing C drive into this partition ready for when I swap the
leads/jumpers around. It's the other partition (containing all my
documents/programs etc) that I can't see in My Computer!

I've created a new user and logged in as that, I can now see the
partition in My Computer!!

I'm not bothered about seeing it in the "Old" account, as it is one of
the things I was going to change anyway (it's the 'Owner' account so I
wanted to change it to 'Noel'! :)) Would it have been possible to
make it visible in the old account then (rhetorical question now I
know!).

Thanks for your help,
Noel.