Can't see the servers on Bad Company 2

Last week I picked up Battlefield Bad Company 2 from Best Buy. Absolutely love it so far.

However when I try to play multiplayer I can not see any servers or find any.

I have registered.

When he game was installed it pulled like 2 or 3 updates.

So I think I am current.

As you can see by my signature my PC does meet the system requirements for the game.

Is there anything else I am missing?

Solution
The same thing happened with me when I got the game.

1. Make sure you get the latest patch, don't do the auto-update, it was unreliable for me. Get it straight from their site.

2. Run as administrator.

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
^ yes, make sure your filters are set up so you aren't filtering everything out. Also, there is an updater program in the BF folder. I would try forcing another update with that updater just in case. Usually when you can't see servers you are a version behind.

The updater runs on it's own every time I launch the game and it seems to like the current version. I took your suggestion and went in to the folder to force the update (I thought that was a great idea btw). However that did not work. I also placed a check mark by several of the filters. Still zero servers are showing to be available.

It's frustrating. Any other suggestions?

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
Do you go through a router or have firewall software? Maybe you can turn it off or try directly connected to your modem. After that I am out of suggestions. Hitting up the EA BC2 forum might lend you more ideas. Sorry man, what an annoying issue.

JohnnyChrist

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
The same thing happened with me when I got the game.

1. Make sure you get the latest patch, don't do the auto-update, it was unreliable for me. Get it straight from their site.

2. Run as administrator.

Solution
I just now got it working. I just got a new harddrive for my gaming rig and reinstalled windows in a RAID 1 configuration. This time I installed Bad Company 2 before Microsoft Security Essentials.

As a result the initial update processed and now I can see the servers and was able to play online briefly this morning.

Thanks so much for your help.

TRENDING THREADS