• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Can't seem to fix an error with AMD CrossFire

Jun 22, 2020
Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask but I dunno where else I can get an actual response.

I have a pair of "Radeon Sapphire DualX R9 280X OC" GPUs between which I've been trying to set up a crossfire, but I keep running into the same error every single time: "The AMD CrossFire internal bridge interconnects linking your graphics cards together are not properly attached, Both bridge interconnects must be attached. For more information, see the user's guide for your graphics card."

I've been googling and trying out solutions for the past couple of hours and I really couldn't fix it.
Both cards work just fine when standalone (I used them separately for an extended period of time and neither of them is brand new).
I have tried swapping them between the two PCI-E slots.
I have tried with one crossfire connector and with 2 connectors.
I have tried with one connector on both connection lanes.
I have tried "lifting" the connectors ~1mm above the base of the card.
I have updated my GPU and BIOS drivers.
I have checked the MOBO and both PCI-E lanes are in x16.

Relevant PC specs:
CPU: AMD A10 7850K (I am aware of the bottleneck this CPU poses on the system)
Motherboard: ASROCK FM2A88X Extreme6+
PSU: Seasonic X-850 Gold (850 Watts)
One HDD with no SSD and 16 GB of DDR3 1600 MHz RAM

Thank you for your time

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS