[SOLVED] cant seem to fix micro-stutter issue

bmx6455

Commendable
Oct 19, 2017
I recently purchased a used asus rog strix 1070 gaming oc card (not a mining card), it replaced a 1050ti. i am now having an issue with micro stutter's in game. the fps is very good, usually 80-130fps on high/ultra settings depending on the game, never below 60fps. it stutters most noticeably on pubg, but also on every game i run to some degree. The stutter is present even if i turn all settings in-game to their absolute lowest, or highest. The stutters are definitely worse the higher the settings are, but are still present no matter what. capping fps at 80 or lower seems to help a lot, but not eliminate. it seems to be way better with vsync, but not gone entirely, and i would rather not run vsync to sacrifice fps. there does seem to be a correlation between stutter and gpu utilization, but not always. there also seems to be a correlation between possible cpu bottleneck, and stutter, but if fps is capped, cpu utilization drops to 75% and below, with still slight stutter. if my cpu is the issue, i have already considered this, but cant find a good way to test it, and don't have access to another cpu. i also have no access to another pc to test the gpu. Gpu temps seem okay, 52c idle, 65-75c max load, which i thought was high, but research has told me is normal for a strix? i have read every guide/fix i could find, and tried all suggestions to no avail. i have tried ddu, twice, removing geforce entirely, rolling back gpu drivers, changing settings every which way, removing all overlays, and messing with my cpu overclock, and ram speeds. I have not attempted a clean win10 install, i will if there is no other options, but i would absolutely rather not as its taken me a long time to get everything exactly how i want it. I do have other ssd's i could throw a copy of win10 on to try, if this seems like a test worth the effort, as they are currently occupied in my laptops. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

specs:
Windows 10 pro x64
15 6600k @ 3900, or 4400
16gb (8x2) corsair vengeance lpx 3000 @ 2133
asrock z270 extreme 4
asus rog strix gtx 1070 gaming oc
vizeo 55' 1080p @60hz?
500gb 970 evo plus m.2
1tb hdd @ 7200rpm (not used in gaming or os, just storage)
evga bronze 500w psu
blu-ray drive

Solution
old, no replies, but figured i would share the "fix" in case it somehow helps someone else. cpu is tired, and causing a bad bottleneck, but the majority of the issues were caused by a bad hdmi port on the screen causing some weird frame rate issues.

bmx6455

Commendable
Oct 19, 2017
old, no replies, but figured i would share the "fix" in case it somehow helps someone else. cpu is tired, and causing a bad bottleneck, but the majority of the issues were caused by a bad hdmi port on the screen causing some weird frame rate issues.

Reactions: Shinigamo
Solution