[SOLVED] Can't seem to fix my Ethernet/Wifi on my PC

fatalshot808

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
So I can't really seem to get my Ethernet/Wifi working properly on my PC. Normally my PC is running at about 150 mbps download in the room and 9 mbps up. So the issue with it is sometimes it randomly disconnects while playing games or just browsing the web. Sometimes it does not disconnect but it gets very slow 4mbps download/0.2 upload speed and my ping in games tends to hit 500ms or so and sometimes spikes to 2000ms.

These results and issues happen both on wireless and wired (I switch between the two by unplugging my ethernet and or connecting to my wireless network. I've tried even going into the BIOS and disabling wireless and using ethernet but no luck.

The reason I believe it's my ethernet adapter is because my phone can catch a 150-190 mbps connection in the room, and 9 mbps upload even when my PC is having it's lag episodes at the same time.

I've tried to tether my phone via USB(phone connected to our WIFI network) and use that for networking and I don't have spikes or lag but this is not a long term solution. While connected through the phone I do tend to get faster speeds too 120 mbps or so. I also did a fresh formatt of my Windows 10 build to see if that was the issue, I updated all the drivers, and software but it still has these issues.

I'm not sure if this will help but here are some specs.

LAN Chipset: Intel i211AT (onboard)
Wireless LAN: Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (onboard)
Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI Gaming

Is the LAN/Wireless is busted I could replace it if needed(an ethernet network card without wireless is fine)? Also if so is there a benefit between internal and external adapter?

Last edited: