Can't seem to install Windows.

thatskillz

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017
I've been messing around for days trying to fix my computer and download Windows again. Had to create an ISO for Windows 10 through a USB flash drive. Once the installation has come to picking what Volume I shall install it on, it shows an error "The computer unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click OK to restart the computer, and then restart the installation." before I get to pick the Volume I wish. When I press ''OK'' however, the screen goes black and nothing happens which forces me to shut down the computer by holding down the power button. I then turn on the computer to only encounter the same problem again. Please help.

Solution
The error pops up AFTER you select the destination to install to? (HDD, SSD etc?)

Have you deleted the partitions on the drive (at the "select where to install" screen you can do this).

If you're trying to install to an already partitioned drive, it can get a bit.... interesting.

Also, if possible, use a USB2.0 port and drive. For some reason, they tend to me more stable for installs than their 3.0 counterparts.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The error pops up AFTER you select the destination to install to? (HDD, SSD etc?)

Have you deleted the partitions on the drive (at the "select where to install" screen you can do this).

If you're trying to install to an already partitioned drive, it can get a bit.... interesting.

Also, if possible, use a USB2.0 port and drive. For some reason, they tend to me more stable for installs than their 3.0 counterparts.

Solution