Can't select Question/Discussion/Poll

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Using Firefox 4, I am unable to select Question/Discussion/Poll when starting new threads. This didn't happen in Firefox 3.6 and doesn't happen in Chrome 12. The default selection is random between Question and Discussion. Usually, it defaults to Question (and I am stuck on that), but as I write this, it is stuck on Discussion. Some more info:

■When I hover over the tabs, my browser informs me of the link "javascript:void(0);"; it's just that clicking on the tabs doesn't seem to carry out the command properly!
■Yes, I've tried disabling addons and custom settings. In fact, I'm typing this right now using Firefox's "safe mode".

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Did a test and I am getting the same results, i.e. the javascript void message, with both add-ons disabled and enabled. It could be an issue with java/engine compatibility with the forums.

I know that our forum software is "unique," but I wonder if any other forums out there are seeing similar things?

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009

Thanks for testing it out. In a way, I'm glad it's not a problem with just my config. (I seem to be the geek with the weird problems, probably because I tinker with my systems so much.) On the other hand, this means there's a deeper flaw in either the forum software (that Chrome's JS engine glosses over) or Firefox. I don't know if it happens on other, similar forums since Tom's is the only one I frequent. :)

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009

I'm a Newegg user; what, specifically, is wrong on that site? I didn't notice anything unusual when placing an order yesterday.
On another note, this is looking more like a Firefox 4 problem (or just widespread JS coding errors?). Anyone have a Bugzilla account to let the Mozilla devs know about this?

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009

Great! Thanks so much for investigating and fixing this issue.