• Our team is working to address issues posting quotes or media to the forums. Please bear with us as we get this sorted out.

Question Cant set DRAM att full speed.

Dec 27, 2020
Ok, so I had 2x 8gb hyperx fury rgb ddr4 3200mhz, running at 3200mhz no problem. But yesterday i bought two more EXACT same hyperx fury rgb ddr4 3200mhz. When i put all 4 on my MSI z370 PC PRO motherboard, they will just run at 2400Mhz, and when i enable XMP my computer wont boot. When i set manually them to run at 3200mhz, my computer wont boot. Pure black screen.
What can I do so my 32gb ram can run at 3200mhz and boot, instead of 2400mhz.

Thanks.

kanewolf

Titan
Ok, so I had 2x 8gb hyperx fury rgb ddr4 3200mhz, running at 3200mhz no problem. But yesterday i bought two more EXACT same hyperx fury rgb ddr4 3200mhz. When i put all 4 on my MSI z370 PC PRO motherboard, they will just run at 2400Mhz, and when i enable XMP my computer wont boot. When i set manually them to run at 3200mhz, my computer wont boot. Pure black screen.
What can I do so my 32gb ram can run at 3200mhz and boot, instead of 2400mhz.

Thanks.
Mix and match RAM is always a gamble. They sell "matched" sets for a reason. They are guaranteed to work as a set. You may have lost the gamble.
You can try bumping the RAM voltage up a couple hundredths.

Dec 27, 2020
Mix and match RAM is always a gamble. They sell "matched" sets for a reason. They are guaranteed to work as a set. You may have lost the gamble.
You can try bumping the RAM voltage up a couple hundredths.
I mean, i use 32gb right now, but im just running them at 2400mhz, so i guess i won the gamble, but its some other stuff that aint right. I also tried to up the voltage and it wouldnt boot, but that may be i upped it too much.

ASK THE COMMUNITY