[SOLVED] Can't set more than 60 Hz on my LG OLED 65C9MLB TV

Katusch

Commendable
Apr 5, 2019
Hi,
i use my new OLED 65C9MLB TV also as PC-Monitor and for PC gaming but in windows 10 monitor settings (display adapter settings) i can only choose up to 60 Hz.
Also when i try to lower the resolution from 4k to full hd and restart my PC. The highest herz i can choose stays 60.
I thought it was possible to have 120 Hz?
I use a high speed hdmi cable with ethernet to connect the TV directly to my Radeon Vega 56.

Is there anything i could do to get a 120 Hz option?

Solution
No its not.
The C9 and better models can do WQHD at 120hz.
and with a hdmi 2.1 gpu also 4k@120hz for which we have to wait till summer 2020 tho cuz such cards aint out yet.

Found out myself what the prob was.
I had to link my PC to the TVs HDMI port in the TVs sourcemenu.
In case someone else is getting mad on this here is how to do:
Push the button below your scroolwheel on your LG remote to open the source menu. Hover with the remote cursor over the concerned hdmi without clicking. An arrow appears on the top. Click on it and select PC. Then choose the option on the left and assign the concerned hdmi port again. done

Katusch

Commendable
Apr 5, 2019
No its not.
The C9 and better models can do WQHD at 120hz.
and with a hdmi 2.1 gpu also 4k@120hz for which we have to wait till summer 2020 tho cuz such cards aint out yet.

Found out myself what the prob was.
I had to link my PC to the TVs HDMI port in the TVs sourcemenu.
In case someone else is getting mad on this here is how to do:
Push the button below your scroolwheel on your LG remote to open the source menu. Hover with the remote cursor over the concerned hdmi without clicking. An arrow appears on the top. Click on it and select PC. Then choose the option on the left and assign the concerned hdmi port again. done

Solution