Question Can't set wpa2 in router settings

filiplukac25

Commendable
Sep 8, 2017
When i try to set wpa 2 security option on my router and when i press apply it automatically changes to wep. And I can't connect to the wifi when wep is used.

This was one of the problems you saw with very early 802.11n routers. A bunch of manufacture put out product before the standard was set and you see it called 802.11n-draft.

Unfortunately in your case just the model number does not help. TPLINK put out many hardware revisions of that router with different internal parts. The very first versions of that router had the "draft" stuff.

Make sure you have the latest firmware for the device. You are unfortunately going to have to find out which hardware revision level you have to find the correct drivers on tplinks site.

filiplukac25

Commendable
Sep 8, 2017
This was one of the problems you saw with very early 802.11n routers. A bunch of manufacture put out product before the standard was set and you see it called 802.11n-draft.

Unfortunately in your case just the model number does not help. TPLINK put out many hardware revisions of that router with different internal parts. The very first versions of that router had the "draft" stuff.

Make sure you have the latest firmware for the device. You are unfortunately going to have to find out which hardware revision level you have to find the correct drivers on tplinks site.
I updated the firmware to the latest verison and i still can't set my password