Aaron McKenna

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi there, I am having difficulties sharing files over my
network. I have a (MN720) wireless card and a , the
network works perfect, both computer can connect to the
computer with no problem, File sharing is also enabled, I
have pinged both computer and have gotten positive
reponse from both, I have shutted down all the fire
walls, and run WIN XP Pro on both PCs...yet I can't share
any files, I have also done the MY Computer...Sharing and
Security... please and blah blah....(the error that I
get is that \\(my computer's name) is not accessible, you
might not have permission to access this resource)any
ideas? thanks...

jasonvoit

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2007
Hello there. I was having a similar problem and I had seemed to try everything, disabling the firewalls, running the Windows file sharing wizard and still nothing. I did a couple of searches on the Internet for some software that might help me do this. I found a program called HomeNet Manager by a company called SingleClick Systems and installed that. It was available for a 30-day trial. I installed this on my PCs and noticed that I could then see the shared folders. I was surprised to also find that telephone technical support was available and they helped me identify where the problem was with the software - darn firewalls! I hope this information helps.

James