[SOLVED] Cant shut down my pc or put it in sleep mode?

SawmMawia

Great
Jan 17, 2021
I am pretty sure that its a software issue rather than a hardware issue,the only major things i did before this happened was i upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10,the windows button at the left of the taskbar was not responding so i also remember typing shutdown /r in cmd
When i press the shut down button,the monitor blacks out as it should be,but immediately turns back on
Helpp

Solution
I am pretty sure that its a software issue rather than a hardware issue,the only major things i did before this happened was i upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10,the windows button at the left of the taskbar was not responding so i also remember typing shutdown /r in cmd
When i press the shut down button,the monitor blacks out as it should be,but immediately turns back on
Helpp

Try disabling "Fast startup" in Bios which may fix the issue.

Sometimes there may be a process or service running in the background which will prevent a shutdown. Check with Task Manager to identify the culprit and stop the service or app.

Run SFC /SCANNOW in an Advanced Command prompt to check for any System 32 corruption. Less lightly but worth checking...
Helpp

Try disabling "Fast startup" in Bios which may fix the issue.

Sometimes there may be a process or service running in the background which will prevent a shutdown. Check with Task Manager to identify the culprit and stop the service or app.

Run SFC /SCANNOW in an Advanced Command prompt to check for any System 32 corruption. Less lightly but worth checking anyhow.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution