Cant Shutdown after upgrading cpu

wraith12

Commendable
Jan 18, 2018
OK so i recently upgrade my cpu from i3 3210 to i7 3770 on my motherboard asrock b75m-dgs, everything seem fine (reinstall windows, software, and playing games) but when i shutdown or sleep the problem come, when i shutdown or sleep my pc . my pc won't shutdown correctly the screen is turning off but the pc still working (fan still running, etc) i already try reinstall windows, and update bios but still can't fix it. Anybody can help?

Solution
Not a very good power supply overall, and also below the minimum capacity that's specified for the GTX 650ti. You SHOULD have a LEAST a 430w unit that is of good quality. That unit isn't a firestarter, it's not THAT bad, but it's build quality isn't great and it's totally not intended for use with a full time gaming card.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=341

Plus, and maybe more important, it's a group regulated design which does not tend to play well with the Intel C6 power state that's used by your CPU. That alone could be affecting operation, although I think it likely that would only affect sleep modes and not be a factor in it not shutting down. Still, it's pretty high on the list of possible...

wraith12

Commendable
Jan 18, 2018

still didn't fix the problem :(

You have bios version 1.4 installed?

I'm assuming your board is not the R2.0 version?

What is the EXACT model number of your power supply? Hold old, how long in service is it?

What Windows version are you running and what are the rest of your system specs?

Also, try resetting the BIOS settings and hardware tables.

Unplug the power supply from the wall. Remove the motherboard CMOS battery for two minutes and during that time push the power button for ten seconds. Reinstall the CMOS battery, plug it back in, power on, enter the BIOS and set to "optimal default" or "setup default" settings, save settings, restart.

This, is either a flat out lie, or a seriously mistaken belief. His CPU is supported, from motherboard version 1.0 on ALL bios versions. Any version of that motherboard's bios would support that CPU, with or without updating, so IDK where you are getting that information from, but it's incorrect.

Not a very good power supply overall, and also below the minimum capacity that's specified for the GTX 650ti. You SHOULD have a LEAST a 430w unit that is of good quality. That unit isn't a firestarter, it's not THAT bad, but it's build quality isn't great and it's totally not intended for use with a full time gaming card.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=341

Plus, and maybe more important, it's a group regulated design which does not tend to play well with the Intel C6 power state that's used by your CPU. That alone could be affecting operation, although I think it likely that would only affect sleep modes and not be a factor in it not shutting down. Still, it's pretty high on the list of possible issues at this point.

I would definitely try resetting the bios, first, by pulling the cmos battery while the unit is off and unplugged, then resetting the bios to default settings.

Solution

wraith12

Commendable
Jan 18, 2018

thank you so much its work, thx man now my pc can shutdown and restart normaly after i plug off and put again cmos battery