Question Can't sign-in in windows 10

Oct 17, 2020
I booted up my PC today and it showed me this error on the signin screen, "The user profile service service failed the sign-in" I tried restarting still the error persisted. Then I turned off the PC and turned it back on after a couple of minutes and it's working fine now. Although I'm still concerned if the error will occur again. Is this something to worry about?
P.s- I freshly installed windows 10 yesterday.

rgd1101

Titan
did you install anything bad?

Reactions: itmesoham

MJS WARLORD

Reputable
Jul 3, 2016
If you mean the login screen that you get before getting to the desktop my question is do you need it , myself and my wife dont have any so called secrets lol , so i disabled that screen.
To do this , when you get to the desktop type netplwiz into the run box and then follow the prompts , this will stop that screen from appearing but you might get a windows update that re activates that screen.

Have a look in reliability monitor and google any error reports you find.

Reactions: itmesoham
Oct 17, 2020
did you install anything bad?
I don't think so, I also scanned my pc using malware bytes there are no threat detections

Oct 17, 2020
If you mean the login screen that you get before getting to the desktop my question is do you need it , myself and my wife dont have any so called secrets lol , so i disabled that screen.
To do this , when you get to the desktop type netplwiz into the run box and then follow the prompts , this will stop that screen from appearing but you might get a windows update that re activates that screen.

Have a look in reliability monitor and google any error reports you find.
I don't see the users must enter a username option anywhere on the user accounts page

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS