Radeon RX 5700XT
Ryzen 7 3700X
ASRock B450m
650W 80+ Gold
16GB(8x2)T Force RAM
Samsung 512GB SSD
Wraith Prism
4 Case Fans

Now onto the problem.. my computer shuts down at seemingly random times while under load. But now here’s the kicker, I have ran 4 stress tests at the same time TRYING to kill my computer so I can diagnose the problem and get it fixed. Furmark, Cinebench, Heaven, Prime95. My temps didn’t go above 80 on my GPU or CPU (~75) and my motherboard got to 41 Max Temp. No shutdowns occurred. But loading up Apex Legends, maybe 5-10 minutes in on average my computer will shut down, and when it does it doesn’t turn back on for another seemingly random amount of time. I assumed it was the power supply, but i can’t find any reasonable evidence that it’s the culprit as the fan spins, all the cables are connected, and I don’t own a voltmeter to check it, I also don’t own a second PSU (or any other component) that I can swap out as this is the first PC I’ve ever owned. I’ve also disabled the over temp protection in the BIOS hoping that might be the case, I’ve reseated every cable, ive ran stress tests, monitored temps, I just can’t figure it out, if you need more information I will get that too you as soon as I can, and I appreciate any ideas/suggestions you guys might have for me!

My system:
Radeon RX 5700XT
Ryzen 7 3700X
ASRock B450m
650W 80+ Gold
16GB(8x2)T Force RAM
Samsung 512GB SSD
Wraith Prism
4 Case Fans

Now onto the problem.. my computer shuts down at seemingly random times while under load. But now here’s the kicker, I have ran 4 stress tests at the same time TRYING to kill my computer so I can diagnose the problem and get it fixed. Furmark, Cinebench, Heaven, Prime95. My temps didn’t go above 80 on my GPU or CPU (~75) and my motherboard got to 41 Max Temp. No shutdowns occurred. But loading up Apex Legends, maybe 5-10 minutes in on average my computer will shut down, and when it does it doesn’t turn back on for another seemingly random amount of time. I assumed it was the power supply, but i can’t find any reasonable evidence that it’s the culprit as the fan spins, all the cables are connected, and I don’t own a voltmeter to check it, I also don’t own a second PSU (or any other component) that I can swap out as this is the first PC I’ve ever owned. I’ve also disabled the over temp protection in the BIOS hoping that might be the case, I’ve reseated every cable, ive ran stress tests, monitored temps, I just can’t figure it out, if you need more information I will get that too you as soon as I can, and I appreciate any ideas/suggestions you guys might have for me!
Is it only with Apex Legends, or with other software also ?
Latest Bios, GPU driver, chipset drivers ?

Nov 1, 2020
Is it only with Apex Legends, or with other software also ?
Latest Bios, GPU driver, chipset drivers ?
It is with multiple games, apex is just an example, others include the Cold War beta, phasmaphobia, Blade and Sorcery, and it happened once while completing a download, tho that could be a write error and be a one off. I’ve updated all my drivers, I have not updated my bios I don’t know how to do that, and I believe my chipset drivers are up to date tho I’m not entirely sure.

My system:
Radeon RX 5700XT
Ryzen 7 3700X
ASRock B450m
650W 80+ Gold
16GB(8x2)T Force RAM
Samsung 512GB SSD
Wraith Prism
4 Case Fans

What is the brand, exact model and age of the power supply?

Nov 1, 2020
Are you running Ryzen PBO or auto oc? Do you have latest bios for the motherboard? What speed is your ram running at? Which B450M do you have ? There's several AsRock B450M boards and I want to check the VRM setup but need the board model. HDV, Steel Legend, Pro4, Pro4-F, B450M/AC?
I’m not running any OC, I believe I have the latest BIOS, I believe the ram speed is 1800 but my PC is currently shut off so I can’t check, B450M/AC