Question Can't start my PC after first BIOS start

titolopez

Commendable
Jan 1, 2021
I bought a brand new hardware for my PC:

Motherboard: ASUS micro ATX Prime B365M-A, S-1151, Intel B365, HDMI, 64GB DDR4 Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K, S-1151, 3.60GHz, 8-Core, 12MB Smart Cache (9th Generation Coffee Lake)
RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4, 3200MHz, 32GB (2 x 16GB), Non-ECC, CL16, XMP RAM Kit.

I already had a TX750W Corsair power supply, a Radeon RX580 GDDR5 8GB, Two 22" Samsung monitors and four SATA 1 and 2 TB Hard Drives with Windows 10.

I applied the thermal paste both in the processor and the base and installed it. Then I put the memory sticks in slots A1 and B1.

After the installation my PC started without problems and a message asking me to press F1 to enter the BIOS appeard after POST.

When I got to the BIOS, I suppose all I had to do was to punch F10 in my keyyboard and save the configuration, but I think I made a mistake and, instead of pushing the F10 key I punched the F5 key (for default configuration). Then i pushed F10 to save and restart.

When I tried to reboot, there was no response at all: no beeps, no vents running, no graphics, no BIOS configuration menu.

Then I removed 1 of the memory sticks and tried starting with the other, located at slot A1, but did not work. I tried that bar in all 4 slots and nothing happened. I did the same with the other stick and nothing happened.

I removed both sticks to no avail. I even removed the video card and nothing happened. No beeps, no vents spinning.

My prior motherboard had a LED that lighted green when it had current. I don't see a LED in my new MoBo, but there is a yellow light embeded into de MoBo, and it currently lights all the time when my PC is connected, so I think that the MoBo is receiving current. It's the only signal I get from the MoBo.

The only moment I saw the processor cooler move was when I started with only one memory stick at the beginning. The cooler tried to start but its movement lasted less that a second.

Any help? Thanks in advance.

I bought a brand new hardware for my PC:

Motherboard: ASUS micro ATX Prime B365M-A, S-1151, Intel B365, HDMI, 64GB DDR4 Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K, S-1151, 3.60GHz, 8-Core, 12MB Smart Cache (9th Generation Coffee Lake)
RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4, 3200MHz, 32GB (2 x 16GB), Non-ECC, CL16, XMP RAM Kit.

I already had a TX750W Corsair power supply, a Radeon RX580 GDDR5 8GB, Two 22" Samsung monitors and four SATA 1 and 2 TB Hard Drives with Windows 10.

I applied the thermal paste both in the processor and the base and installed it. Then I put the memory sticks in slots A1 and B1.

After the installation my PC started without problems and a message asking me to press F1 to enter the BIOS appeard after POST.

When I got to the BIOS, I suppose all I had to do was to punch F10 in my keyyboard and save the configuration, but I think I made a mistake and, instead of pushing the F10 key I punched the F5 key (for default configuration). Then i pushed F10 to save and restart.

When I tried to reboot, there was no response at all: no beeps, no vents running, no graphics, no BIOS configuration menu.

Then I removed 1 of the memory sticks and tried starting with the other, located at slot A1, but did not work. I tried that bar in all 4 slots and nothing happened. I did the same with the other stick and nothing happened.

I removed both sticks to no avail. I even removed the video card and nothing happened. No beeps, no vents spinning.

My prior motherboard had a LED that lighted green when it had current. I don't see a LED in my new MoBo, but there is a yellow light embeded into de MoBo, and it currently lights all the time when my PC is connected, so I think that the MoBo is receiving current. It's the only signal I get from the MoBo.

The only moment I saw the processor cooler move was when I started with only one memory stick at the beginning. The cooler tried to start but its movement lasted less that a second.

Any help? Thanks in advance.

I suspect your RAM have not been configured correctly as the yellow led could indicate a DRAM error.
For dual channel mode you need to instal DIMM modules in the B2 and A2 slots. For a single module you should use the A2 slot meant for single channel mode. The B1 slot is closest to the CPU.

Ensure the modules are pushed home correctly especially on the offside to the clip.

Enter your Bios and enable the XMP profile that will tune your RAM for correct Timings and voltage.
Should the system fail to boot then enter Timings and dram voltage manually.

If the system fails to boot then clear CMOS and it is also recommended to update your Bios to the latest version.

titolopez

Commendable
Jan 1, 2021
I suspect your RAM have not been configured correctly as the yellow led could indicate a DRAM error.
For dual channel mode you need to instal DIMM modules in the B2 and A2 slots. For a single module you should use the A2 slot meant for single channel mode. The B1 slot is closest to the CPU.

Ensure the modules are pushed home correctly especially on the offside to the clip.

Enter your Bios and enable the XMP profile that will tune your RAM for correct Timings and voltage.
Should the system fail to boot then enter Timings and dram voltage manually.

If the system fails to boot then clear CMOS and it is also recommended to update your Bios to the latest version.

Thanks for your help but, as I mentioned, I installed both DIMM modules, one at a time, in all 4 slots, one by one, and nothing happened.

I also cleared the CMOS by the jumper and by retiring the battery.

I will try to update de BIOS, but I am not sure it will work since the PC does not even start.

Let's see...