Question Can't start the system on an old notebook

Tigro

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
I wanted to start up an old laptop that I once bought back 9 years ago called NTT Corrino 617 S. It hadn't been touched for something like 2 years now. Whenever I try to run it, though, after the initial Windows loading screen (there was Vista on board if I remembr correctly), I get an immediate blue screen lasting a fraction of a second followed by a restart. I've tried running it in safe mode but the same thing happens. I've also tried both with battery inside and without it, with just the cable but it makes no difference either. Back when it was in use (which is these 2+ years ago ;)), the notebook worked with no problems. I recorded a video showing the problem, both when trying to run it normally and when in safe mode:

What else can I try in this situation, apart from formatting the device and installing everything anew if I can't even get into safe mode?

Tigro

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
Yeah I know it's always an option but it's the easy way out and I'd like troubleshooting what is already there first instead of scrapping everything altogether.