Can't stop printing

Hi. A network job was sent to my printer and it never did print. All it
printed was endless amount of pages with a few characters and symbols and the
top until i turned it off. It's an HP LaserJet4 on XP SP2. I turned off my
computer and booted, and as soon as i turned on my printer, it started
churning out pages and pages until i stopped it again. I put in another HDD
with XP on the same computer and the printer works. So I know its not the
Parallel Port. So I conclude it is software. I opened up the printer status,
paused it, cancelled all documents, nothing. I deleted the driver and
reinstalled it from the HP site, still no luck. If i disable the parallel
port in the bios, the problem naturally doesn't occur (but i still know its
not the printer due to above test.) Is it possible the job is stuck in the
printer spooling files on the computer? Can i delete them? Any ideas would be
appreciated. Thank you.

Unplug the printer from the mains. Plug it in after a minute or so. Try
again!
--

Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"Varin Gosein" <Varin Gosein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. A network job was sent to my printer and it never did print. All it
> printed was endless amount of pages with a few characters and symbols and
> the
> top until i turned it off. It's an HP LaserJet4 on XP SP2. I turned off my
> computer and booted, and as soon as i turned on my printer, it started
> churning out pages and pages until i stopped it again. I put in another
> HDD
> with XP on the same computer and the printer works. So I know its not the
> Parallel Port. So I conclude it is software. I opened up the printer
> status,
> paused it, cancelled all documents, nothing. I deleted the driver and
> reinstalled it from the HP site, still no luck. If i disable the parallel
> port in the bios, the problem naturally doesn't occur (but i still know
> its
> not the printer due to above test.) Is it possible the job is stuck in the
> printer spooling files on the computer? Can i delete them? Any ideas would
> be
> appreciated. Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS