can't switch GF2MX to TV

G

Hi there,
I use a PowerColor GeForce2MX-TV card (Chrontel 7008 chip)
on w2k-pro sp1 with nvidia driver 6.5
and can't switch display to TV.
I also tried switching on the TV before the computer.
The Drivers that came with the card didn't work either.
Can anybody help?

thanx

system:
ASUS A7V133 T-Bird1000 256MB-RAM

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Make sure tv is turned on, wire is connected, tv is set to that input, try setting to tv if that doesnt work, there should be a button at the bottom that says "scan display connections". Thats what I did on my gf2 pro. Should all work the same.

The last time I tried to use my imagination, I ended up in a straight jacket! :eek:

G

well, I'm throug that procedure over and over again. Maybe my TV is too old? Is there something like PnP-TV? It's a very old Toshiba. For video in it reads "switch to progamm 16 (av) and tune to the channel of your videorecorder" How can I tune it without a signal and how should the video card possibly "see" this TV set through the aerial plug?

I'm clueless

thanx for any help

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The tv that I used was a 13" philips magnivox that is fairly new. Just make sure that the tv is set to what ever is suppost to be recieving the RCA video signal then try to swith over the card and then scan availible devices. Thats all i can tell ya man.

The last time I tried to use my imagination, I ended up in a straight jacket! :eek:

G

Does your card output S-Video and C-Video, and are you using the correct cables for the one your television can accept? Many older televisions cannot accept S-Video. You may need a convertor cable.

~ I'm not AMD biased, I just think their chips are better ~

G

I'm using the composite video out plug of the card, I use normal TV aerial cable and plug it into the aerial plug of my TV set. I'm not absolutely shure that tis should work but I think so. I'll play a bit around with resolution etc. maybe I'll find something.

Thanx for your Help Kal and Verteron

TRENDING THREADS