[SOLVED] Can't tell these RAM kits apart?

digital_ecologist

Reputable
Sep 26, 2018
Hi, I'm looking at two Crucial RAM kits and I can't tell them apart different prices, different part numbers but they look identical. What's the difference here? Is the slightly more expensive one meaningfully better? Planning on maxing out the RAM in my laptop, and then running it for as long as possible, so I want to make the best choice.
Kit 1: CT2K16G4SFD832A Here
kit 2: CT2K16G4SFRA32A Here

I've tried with the chat bot on the crucial website, but I never get the email response that I should.

If anyone can figure what the differences, I'd really appreciate the clarity.

Solution
Same kit. The 'FD8' and 'FRA' will be internal references to Crucial, could be anything from binning degree to manufacture plant, OC ability, voltage maximum reference, die line, tested on amd or not or anything else besides. The only ppl who can answer that are Crucial or Micron and companies aren't usually willing to discuss trade secrets or internal documentation.

Whatever the reason for the different model numbers isn't apparent, all relative stats are the same, so go with whichever makes more sense.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Same kit. The 'FD8' and 'FRA' will be internal references to Crucial, could be anything from binning degree to manufacture plant, OC ability, voltage maximum reference, die line, tested on amd or not or anything else besides. The only ppl who can answer that are Crucial or Micron and companies aren't usually willing to discuss trade secrets or internal documentation.

Whatever the reason for the different model numbers isn't apparent, all relative stats are the same, so go with whichever makes more sense.

Solution