[SOLVED] Can't transfer files from external HDD

Sep 8, 2021
I have a really strange problem with an external HDD. I transferred files to it from a PC, and now I want to transfer the files from this external HDD to my PC. However, the files are nowhere to be found!

I've made sure hidden files are visible, and yet they aren't there.

If I inspect the external HDD with WizTree, I can see the files are there. Likewise, MiniTool Partition Wizard seems to detect the files, but I can't recover them unless I'm paying hundreds of dollars.

I have tried transferring the files, again, from the other PC to the external HDD, but the same error keeps repeating! Very frustrating problem. I shouldn't have to pay money to simply transfer some files, jesus ...

Any idea how to recover these files?

All the best.

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"If I inspect the external HDD with WizTree, I can see the files are there. Likewise, MiniTool Partition Wizard seems to detect the files, but I can't recover them unless I'm paying hundreds of dollars. "

Who, where, what, etc. is telling you that you must pay hundreds of dollars?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

What AV do you use?

When you transferred the files what application/tool/utility (if any) did you use? Or did you use COPY or MOVE commands, or DRAG & DROP?

Do you have copies of the files via a previous backup?

Sep 8, 2021
Who, where, what, etc. is telling you that you must pay hundreds of dollars?

MiniTool Partition Wizard can only recover files if you pay for it.

No anti virus, only the default one in windows 10.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19043) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
32768MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti

I've tried drag and drop and copy+paste. I can see the files when I do this on the other computer, but they won't show up on mine if I browse the disk with file explorer. They don't show up in total commander either.

Sep 8, 2021
Just a zip file and a png file. Copied by drag and drop the first time. When I discovered that didn't work, I tried copy paste, but the problem was the same. They were located in my user directory and desktop, respectively.