picard

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
My vista firewall is turn off for some reason. I double checked that it blocks incoming data but allow outgoing data. I am the only user, and administrator.

What am I missing here?? I am lost. 8O Can someone help me out??

Solution
My vista firewall is turn off for some reason. I double checked that it blocks incoming data but allow outgoing data. I am the only user, and administrator.

I am sure I remember reading that the built-in Vista firewall is good with incoming attacks but does not block outgoing stuff (spyware, if you get it inside it will own you). If you want a little hat (outgoing protection) you will need to go with one of the third-party packages (some of the free ones are supposed to be pretty tough). I spent a few bucks and went with norton 360 mostly because I don't want to EVER worry about it (or at least not be overly concerned with it). It does what I need, seems to have...

joke

Distinguished
May 15, 2005

I am sure I remember reading that the built-in Vista firewall is good with incoming attacks but does not block outgoing stuff (spyware, if you get it inside it will own you). If you want a little hat (outgoing protection) you will need to go with one of the third-party packages (some of the free ones are supposed to be pretty tough). I spent a few bucks and went with norton 360 mostly because I don't want to EVER worry about it (or at least not be overly concerned with it). It does what I need, seems to have very low overhead, and I get automatic, daily updates.

good luck -

Solution

TRENDING THREADS