Question Can't turn on TPM on Gigabyte Z77P-D3

May 4, 2022
Hey guys, I bought a TPM module for this motherboard. The "new" setting in the BIOS (Trusted Computing) shows up . I am able to turn TPM SUPPORT to Enable. However, TPM State remains Disabled even after turning it to Enable, saving, and rebooting. It just reverts back to Disabled.
What can I do to fix this issue? Some have recommended to disable CSM and set everything to UEFI Only. Well, I did that, and nothing changed. I didn't expect it, either, but there you go. What could I be doing wrong? Is there any expert on this motherboard out there that could shed some light on this issue? I just want the TPM 2.0 module to be up and running.
Thanks!

20220504-133457.jpg

Hey guys, I bought a TPM module for this motherboard. The "new" setting in the BIOS (Trusted Computing) shows up . I am able to turn TPM SUPPORT to Enable. However, TPM State remains Disabled even after turning it to Enable, saving, and rebooting. It just reverts back to Disabled.
What can I do to fix this issue? Some have recommended to disable CSM and set everything to UEFI Only. Well, I did that, and nothing changed. I didn't expect it, either, but there you go. What could I be doing wrong? Is there any expert on this motherboard out there that could shed some light on this issue? I just want the TPM 2.0 module to be up and running.
Thanks!

20220504-133457.jpg
Well for starters is the part number of the TPM module correct as verified by the motherboard manufacturer? Or did the seller just claim that it is the correct part?