Question Can't undervolt CPU after bios update

already_in_use

Prominent
May 27, 2020
I have an intel i7 9750h processor and it runs pretty hot during stress tests (95-99 degrees celcius) and ive been able to undervolt it and bring down the temps (80-82 degrees celcius) but after recent bios update intel xtu nor throttlestop seems to be working.
I've already tried downgrading my bios and then the undervolting works again but when i restart the machine it automatically updates to the newer bios version which i previously downgraded from. Please help.. I desperately need to undervolt :(
(My laptop is Asus Zenbook Pro Duo i7 version)

Reactions: saeednorouztamar
Jun 20, 2020
downgrade bios

He said in his post that he already tried to downgrade and it upgraded after reboot.

OP,
I am having a similar problem. I have an Asus GL504GW and mistakenly upgraded BIOS to 306 without thinking about the lockout for undervolting. I have downgraded back to 305 but it freezes upon booting into Windows at the login screen. Then I restart it and it upgrades back to 306 and still can't undervolt. I can boot into safemode after downgrading so it has to be something in the OS that isn't agreeing with the downgraded BIOS.

Have you had any luck downgrading your yet?

Thanks!
Cgreg

Jun 20, 2020
I have an intel i7 9750h processor and it runs pretty hot during stress tests (95-99 degrees celcius) and ive been able to undervolt it and bring down the temps (80-82 degrees celcius) but after recent bios update intel xtu nor throttlestop seems to be working.
I've already tried downgrading my bios and then the undervolting works again but when i restart the machine it automatically updates to the newer bios version which i previously downgraded from. Please help.. I desperately need to undervolt :(

I fixed my issue and was able to downgrade BIOS. Holler if you still need help.

Sep 12, 2020
I have an asus vivobook which uses i7 8750h. last night I did a BIOS update and after that, I cannot undervolt or underclock the CPU with any app. it drops my fps very much and I cannot downgrade the BIOS. because, the bios wont let me downgrade it. did you solve that?