Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashogeorgiev

Reputable
Dec 7, 2016
Recently i updated the BIOS on my laptop(Asus ROG Strix GL503GE - i7-8750h, 1050ti), and now when i try to undervolt CPU in ThrottleStop, the sliders and modifiers are locked and i can't change anything: https://pasteboard.co/KaPg2sn.png . I read that recent BIOS updates remove the option to undervolt the CPU, so my question is - is there another way to undervolt it, and if not, how can i safely reset my BIOS to an old version which allows me to undervolt the CPU? The only previous version available in Asus's website is from 2018 and im not sure if is safe to try to install it.

Last edited:
Solution
Downgrading a bios 'can' be dangerous, but dangerous is too strong a word.

I've done it many times, a lot of enthusiasts would say the same. What I would say is, read about your mobo, be doubly sure there is no option to downgrade officially. This is the best way. Then think about downgrade.

If you are happy to work from the bios and follow the guides exactly then you should be just fine. As long as you do it correctly, it's safe. Most issues that people have with such things, are because they didn't follow the step by step process.

Here's a vid in English: How to downgrade BIOS for Asus Notebooks - YouTube

But, although not dangerous, there is always a risk with such things.

I wouldn't advise you to do it, if your not...

Tashogeorgiev

Reputable
Dec 7, 2016
Hey there,

This might help you : DOWNGRADE BIOS ASUS LAPTOP WITH WINFLASH [ENG Caption] - YouTube

First I'd try to reset TS.

Go into the TS folder and delete the TS .ini file. Then shut down your laptop. Then restart the laptop. Hopefully when you open up FIVR, everything will be as it should.
Deleting the .ini file didn't work. I may try to revert to the old bios version, but is it safe? Is it possible that the old version might screw something up?

Downgrading a bios 'can' be dangerous, but dangerous is too strong a word.

I've done it many times, a lot of enthusiasts would say the same. What I would say is, read about your mobo, be doubly sure there is no option to downgrade officially. This is the best way. Then think about downgrade.

If you are happy to work from the bios and follow the guides exactly then you should be just fine. As long as you do it correctly, it's safe. Most issues that people have with such things, are because they didn't follow the step by step process.

Here's a vid in English: How to downgrade BIOS for Asus Notebooks - YouTube

But, although not dangerous, there is always a risk with such things.

I wouldn't advise you to do it, if your not comfortable or confident to do it. Different for me because I just wanna see what happens :) So will play around. Have had a few hairy moments, with major gasps of air. But have always recovered and fixed the issue.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.