[SOLVED] Can't uninstall update KB5001330,please help

Jul 19, 2021
I had problems that appeared suddenly after last time I played last year, low fps, stuttering, and anti aliasing problems, came across this thread:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqvhpa/kb5001330_bad_gaming_performance/?ref=share&ref_source=embed&utm_content=body&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_name=923d9ec90731440482c4b5ccf468e0ff&utm_source=embedly&utm_term=mqvhpa

And thought it might be the solution to issues, but when I click on uninstall updates it is nowhere to be found although it is installed in my system.

Solution
Can't uninstall what you have installed a patch over. It says right in your linked thread KB5003690 is supposed to fix it and if you have that installed then you obviously wouldn't be able to uninstall the bad update without restoring it by first uninstalling KB5003690. Windows also by default deletes things after updates have been installed for 10 days, making it so you can't go back at all.

As for the restore points, this is one of the things you have to use the Control Panel for. Type in System Restore and select Recovery, then Open System Restore. Choose a different restore point, then tick Show more restore points.

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you run system restore to see if you have a restore date the same day as install, it might let you roll system back
type "restore" then open "create a restore point"
create a new Restore Point now for C-drive
then open the newest restore point that is prior to the problem happening (if you have one)

Jul 19, 2021
have you run system restore to see if you have a restore date the same day as install, it might let you roll system back
type "restore" then open "create a restore point"
create a new Restore Point now for C-drive
then open the newest restore point that is prior to the problem happening (if you have one)
How do I know if I have a previous restore point before making a new one? because I can't see any.

Can't uninstall what you have installed a patch over. It says right in your linked thread KB5003690 is supposed to fix it and if you have that installed then you obviously wouldn't be able to uninstall the bad update without restoring it by first uninstalling KB5003690. Windows also by default deletes things after updates have been installed for 10 days, making it so you can't go back at all.

As for the restore points, this is one of the things you have to use the Control Panel for. Type in System Restore and select Recovery, then Open System Restore. Choose a different restore point, then tick Show more restore points.

Solution
Jul 19, 2021

That one was optional, and it seems I didn't install it either, I have however 6 updates were installed after KB5001330, so I still don't know which one to uninstall.

Jul 19, 2021

Also system restore only shows 3 time and dates I can choose from and they are all recent, I don't have the Show more restore points option.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Windows also by default deletes things after updates have been installed for 10 days, making it so you can't go back at all.
As far as I know that only applies to Version updates as it creates the windows.old folder and after 10 days wipes that. Cumulative updates you get on a Tuesday or one off updates don't create windows.old folders or we would always have one.

If one of the updates received since the problem started is a Version update, it would have wiped all the previous restore points.

which version of win 10 are you on?

1. right click start
  2. choose run...
  3. type winver and press enter
  4. current version is 21H1

Jul 19, 2021
As far as I know that only applies to Version updates as it creates the windows.old folder and after 10 days wipes that. Cumulative updates you get on a Tuesday or one off updates don't create windows.old folders or we would always have one.

If one of the updates received since the problem started is a Version update, it would have wiped all the previous restore points.

which version of win 10 are you on?

1. right click start
  2. choose run...
  3. type winver and press enter
  4. current version is 21H1
Mine is 20H2, I keep reaching dead end after another, Do you know what can I do now?

TRENDING THREADS