[SOLVED] Can't update the Intel ethernet driver ?

gtr22

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
I have an Asus Z390-E Gaming motherboard. Just upgraded to gigabit speed. The Verizon Fios speed test from the router to Verizon is good, 900/900 speed. My device (desktop) to Verizon speed is only 100 mbps. Cable is a CAT 8, router is a Verizon Quantum, handles 800 mbps, can't find the bottleneck. Wifi is around 112 mbps. I looked at the device manager, the Intel ethernet connection 1219-v driver won't update. It says this is the latest. On Asus' website there is a gigabit driver to be installed for my motherboard, but when I try it says it's not compatible. Same with the latest wifi driver. Is something wrong, shouldn't I be able to use these drivers?

Solution
I tried it following the instructions. Not working. My housemate just got a gigabit adapter, usb with an ethernet jack. I tried it for a speed test, went up to 350/350. Probably would go higher over a few tests. He's having the same issues on his laptop. This adapter helped. So it could be a router issue? It's a Verizon Fios that is rated for 800 mbps. Or if I could configure my drivers that would help.
Your Verizon Fios Router must have a model name like G3100 or something else?

gtr22

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
The connection from the router to the Verizon server is 900/900, it's my pc. I talked to Asus, they said my driver/ethernet connection can only use 100 mbps. I have to upgrade it or buy an adapter.

The connection from the router to the Verizon server is 900/900, it's my pc. I talked to Asus, they said my driver/ethernet connection can only use 100 mbps. I have to upgrade it or buy an adapter.
If you check the Properties of your motherboards Intel I219V Lan do you see a "Link Speed" tab?
Is it set to 1.00 Gbps speed?

SEr90.png

gtr22

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
I downloaded the wireless and wired proset. Installing the wired it stopped and said to uninstall my Network Connections. I uninstalled the ethernet driver, didn't help. How do I uninstall the Network Connections? I don't have any Bridge connections, just the wifi, ethernet, broadband, and vpn. My wifi is active, everything else is disabled.

I downloaded the wireless and wired proset. Installing the wired it stopped and said to uninstall my Network Connections. I uninstalled the ethernet driver, didn't help. How do I uninstall the Network Connections? I don't have any Bridge connections, just the wifi, ethernet, broadband, and vpn. My wifi is active, everything else is disabled.
Did you download PROSets and follow the install instructions from the page below?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10

"The Microsoft Windows* download package has been split into a driver package and an Intel® PROSet package. The driver package must be installed prior to installing the Intel® PROSet package."

gtr22

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
I ran the driver set up, install completed. Reboot. Ran the proset, same message: You need to uninstall the Network Connections. I'm not sure what to try. I did uninstall my ethernet driver and installed the new one. Same result.

I ran the driver set up, install completed. Reboot. Ran the proset, same message: You need to uninstall the Network Connections. I'm not sure what to try. I did uninstall my ethernet driver and installed the new one. Same result.
I am not sure why PROSet will not install for you. Have you read through the documentation provided on the download page? They may provide some answers. https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25016/eng/readme_26.3.txt

Installing Drivers and Intel(R) PROSet
======================================

You must have administrator rights to install or use Intel PROSet for Windows
Device Manager. Intel recommends the following procedure for installing drivers:
  1. Cancel any Found New Hardware Wizard screens that open.
  2. Start the autorun located on the CD or in your download directory.
  3. Click "Install Drivers and Software" and follow the instructions in the install wizard.

Intel(R) PROSet functionality is integrated with the Windows Device Manager. To
configure Intel(R) Ethernet Adapters and Controllers, open the Windows Device
Manager. Do not open adapter, team, or VLAN properties from the network control
panel as you may be prompted to reboot your system.

gtr22

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
I tried it following the instructions. Not working. My housemate just got a gigabit adapter, usb with an ethernet jack. I tried it for a speed test, went up to 350/350. Probably would go higher over a few tests. He's having the same issues on his laptop. This adapter helped. So it could be a router issue? It's a Verizon Fios that is rated for 800 mbps. Or if I could configure my drivers that would help.

Your Verizon Fios Router must have a model name like G3100 or something else?

Solution

gtr22

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
My housemate plugged his laptop into the ont, He found the speeds were really low. Verizon is sending a tech out Monday. They rebooted the router and did some tests today. We'll see if they find out what is going on, Monday.

I received my 1 gig usb + ethernet adapter. I'm getting 1 gig speeds now. Question is why won't my pc get the speeds without it? They cancelled the Verizon tech call. Since we are getting 1 gig speeds now, I would like to see if they could figure out my problem.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS