Question Can't Upload Photos To IPad

Aug 18, 2022
I am sorry if this is in the wrong sub-group and the Admins can delete it if needed. This was the closest sub-forum that I could think of for my question.

I just bought a 7th Gen IPad 10.2 inch tablet. This tablet is replacing a very old 2nd Gen IPad tablet that I have. Apparently Apple has made some changes to the way their tablets work and I have wound up more than a little confused. I am trying to upload photos from my Windows 10 PC to the ICloud platform so I can view and show them on my new IPad and I am having a heck of a time at it. I got the photos uploaded to the ICloud but for some reason that I cannot fathom they are not downloading onto my new IPad. I am running the IPad on the WiFi in my home and I have fast internet and WiFi. I have the ICloud switch turned on in settings on my tablet and other than that I am out of ideas.

Can anyone please give me some ideas and options here? Why are my photos not loading onto my IPad? This is something that should be pretty simple and straightforward and for some reason it is not. Thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Thanks.