raeldrikp

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
hi,
so what happened was I was having taht crossfire problem where your gpus can no longer run in tandem. so i did all that stuff including reinstalling drivers, driver sweep, safe mode. etc. to no avail.
so i called AMD ( oh btw my gpus are hd 6850s)
they said its a known software corruption thing only foolproof way of solving it is to reinstall your OS completely. so I did so. Then a problem occured, the computer wouldnt start up all i would hear is two beeps and then no display, I would hear everything working but no start up sound or anything. So after al ot of stuff I switched my second gpu to another pci-e slot and started up my pc. So basically why can't I use that pci-e slot? i checked to see if it works by itself and it does. I haven't done anything to it. oh btw my Motherboard is a P8P67-M Pro

jdwii

Splendid

2 x PCIe 2.0 x16 slots (Single@x16 or dual@x8/x8 mode or dual@x16/x1 mode)
1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 slot (black, max.@x4 mode, compatible with PCIe x 1 and x4 devices)

One only runs on x4 mode that's why. Put it in the White and Blue slots. You redid windows and Called Amd for know reason....Its OK it happens.

raeldrikp

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011

well..... ummm i know that its what im trying to do, maybe i didnt' really explain myself too well, but anyways i know that im supposed to have them at the top two slots to run in crossfire and im exactly trying to do that but whenever i try to the computer doesn't boot up. it just beeps and all the fans keep running.
ps. im a lil sleepy.... long day....

jdwii

Splendid

Hey when i first went to newegg to look at your board i thought the same thing so don't feel bad. I had to look at the specs.

raeldrikp

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011

lol so now can u help me come to a solution.

TRENDING THREADS