Cant use dedicated UPS for PC since main power isn't pure sine wave.

Onsali

Honorable
Jul 19, 2015
Hello, so I recently shifted to a country where loadshedding is common, the power goes out every few hours now and then for a few hours, however my home has a modified sine wave inverter with two huge ass batteries to compensate for when power isnt there, however my PC (550w PSU) wouldnt run seamlessly on it since it has a long switching time and my PC crashes before restarting, so I bought a APC CS 550 backup dedicated UPS for it, it works just fine but I can't use it when the power goes off, sure the PC stays on but the APC unit keeps switching between backup and main power the guy I bought it from told me that the main inverter my house is using is modified sine wave thats why the APC unit keeps switching, this is a bummer I just spent 100$ on this unit and I can't use it without switching to the inverter power when the power goes off manually.

Could someone help me out with this?
Thanks!

bigsmilingbear

Honorable
Mar 7, 2018
in other words, your house has cheap stabilizer that works only to dampen the voltage fluctuation but does nothing to help power loss or outage. \
you picked the wrong type of APC, you should get the SmartUPS lineup from APC that's equipped with AVR. it's pricier but it's the only UPS that would work with modified sine wave inverters.
try requesting for upgrade to the APC seller.

Onsali

Honorable
Jul 19, 2015

It's been quite some time i bought it, i doubt he'd give a update.

Onsali

Honorable
Jul 19, 2015

Sounds promising, could you show me some examples? I wouldn't hesitate to get one as long as it goes for under 100$