Can't use Ethernet AND Wireless.

jrush707

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017
Having an issue, I rarely ever used this router but I just got a new phone and don't wanna waste my data, but I also game so I want the Ethernet also. The problem is I can only figure out how to run one of them at a time. Does anyone know if my router will work with both at the same time? it's pretty old, N300 Wireless Router WNR2000 V2 (Netgear) Running on Windows 7.

Solution
Ok guys I was able to figure it out, the firmware needed to be updated. I can now connect properly on my phone, just had to go to the router login and play with it a bit, sorry for the waste of time lol. Thanks for the help!

jrush707

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017

Oops, clicked the best answer option from my email hah. Anyways, yes that's exactly what I'm asking, just have no clue how to do it. Do you know how I could accomplish this?

For the routers I've setup the wireless and wired functions are independent of each other. Your wired connection should not be affected with your wireless settings. Of course if your model from your ISP has built in wireless this can be conflicting with your routher's wireless connection. If your ISP provided model has wireless in it you'll need to disable it's wireless function or the router's.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
It should work that way by default. Can you not connect to the wifi network when your PC is connected over ethernet or something?

Edit: The way you describe, it sounds like you have successfully had your phone connected to your wifi, it just doesn't work when your PC is also connected to the router. Is this the case?

jrush707

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017
Ok guys I was able to figure it out, the firmware needed to be updated. I can now connect properly on my phone, just had to go to the router login and play with it a bit, sorry for the waste of time lol. Thanks for the help!

Solution