CAN'T USE MOBILE ANYMORE

Guard913

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015
I can't use your mobile site anymore because the sesame ad pops up and covers all but 1 line of text and i can't even get rid of it.... So Thanks....

Guard913

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015
I use Chrome Browser, I have other browsers but I use chrome the most and I am sure if I am having this issue other are to.

JohnDon9

Honorable
Nov 3, 2016
At least I got my favorite car in the ad :)

Screenshot-20190713-083921-Chrome.jpg

There is 'X' only on small bottom ads, and when close I can see 1 line of Forum content :)

Screenshot-20190713-083949-Chrome.jpg

Chrome browser on Samsung Galaxy S9.

JohnDon9

Honorable
Nov 3, 2016
He he, ads are very useful... I can buy a Porsche with a phone and then Jason is going to give me accounting tips to pay less taxes... and all I wanted was read about AMD vs Intel :)

D

Deleted member 14196

You can always use an ad blocker. Ublock origin is great

D

Deleted member 217926

I don't know how anyone uses any browser either desktop or mobile without an adblocker.

JohnDon9

Honorable
Nov 3, 2016
Make more posts, be more active, all the ads will disappear once you made more posts :)
I was trying to get more details on this (how many posts hide ads...) and I can't find this in User Guide to the New Tom’s Forum or Read First: Forum Rules & Styling Posts... did I miss it and it's in there somewhere? Can you share more details?

Jul 3, 2019
Very beautiful ads
QBwILZh.png

enticing even.
cowviyD.png

You can't even close them :)

But I came here to read things about computers, soo.. there's that..

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 3, 2019
So be more active in the forum

You see there "is" a problem, which is ads on MOST of the page on mobile. Telling us to be MORE ACTIVE is counterintuitive because how the hell do you expect us to be more active in a site where all we see are ads?

I search for something, and after finding a thread and clicking it...BOOM! ads....

Need to fix my PC? Only have mobile to search? Goto tomshardware and search a solution then click it... BOOM!! ads...

you see where this is going?

You want us to be active by seeing these ads?

You cant even skip it!

I've tried waiting for a 5 minute video ad to finish hoping that some close button would appear after... BUT NO... it just REPLAYED!!

Colif

Win 11 Master
We aren't here to fight...

You see there "is" a problem, which is ads on MOST of the page on mobile. Telling us to be MORE ACTIVE is counterintuitive because how the hell do you expect us to be more active in a site where all we see are ads?

I search for something, and after finding a thread and clicking it...BOOM! ads....

Need to fix my PC? Only have mobile to search? Goto tomshardware and search a solution then click it... BOOM!! ads...

you see where this is going?

You want us to be active by seeing these ads?

You cant even skip it!

I've tried waiting for a 5 minute video ad to finish hoping that some close button would appear after... BUT NO... it just REPLAYED!!

I can see this would be a problem, what browser do you use as you might be able to get an ad blocker. LIke I said, I don't have any control over number of ads you see... but you might.

Jul 3, 2019
We aren't here to fight...

I can see this would be a problem, what browser do you use as you might be able to get an ad blocker. LIke I said, I don't have any control over number of ads you see... but you might.

Hello, I am using the latest version of chrome browser for Android.