Can't Use Monitor after updating AMD drivers on laptop

TheLCFPro

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014
A lot of people had issues after the last update from AMD drivers came out. They Got a black screen after starting up their pc. I had the same issue as them but it's now fixed.

Since i'm not very smart with pc's, I've let a Proffesional check it. He turned off the AMD driver and said that my graphics are now working on my Intel core I3 card (which is not a driver said a friend of mine). The Proffesional said that my pc could not connect to a monitor anymore because that would active the driver again (and I get a black screen again). I'm not very sure if it's right what he said. What i'm wondering is, can I not just connect my monitor to my PC without running it on the AMD driver? so just like my pc itself, it runs on the intel grapic card?

Sorry if my English is bad, I'm dutch :)

Solution
Try this, it might work.
First of all you need to TOTALLY remove all the old drivers. Use this link.
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/
Note:
Select the respective company(i.e Nvidia or ATI) drivers to be uninstalled.
Use clean and restart option.
And then install the new drivers after rebooting.

It is recommended to use drivers from the manufacturer's(laptop) website.

TheLCFPro

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014

The driver from manufacture site doesn't work. It gives me a very crappy screen resolution and works the same as windows in safe mode. I now have the ATI mobility radeon HD 5470 (which is I think the same as the manufacture driver? fact that it's still ATI probably means it's not updated to a new AMD). and that driver is now turned off. As soon as I turn it on, i'll probably get my black screen again. Is it possible to run on my monitor like this? (check screenshot, "beeldschermadapters" means display adapter)
x0vevo.png

Try this, it might work.
First of all you need to TOTALLY remove all the old drivers. Use this link.
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/
Note:
Select the respective company(i.e Nvidia or ATI) drivers to be uninstalled.
Use clean and restart option.
And then install the new drivers after rebooting.

It is recommended to use drivers from the manufacturer's(laptop) website.

Solution