Question Can't use read two DVDs at once but Blu Ray is fine.

rohtua

Prominent
Nov 2, 2019
Hi,

I have two blu-ray drives in my computer. A Pioneer BDR-209D and a Pioneer BDR-211M. I have an unsual issue where I can't put two DVDs/CDs in the machine at once. If I put Blu Ray discs into the drives it works fine. But when I put in a CD or DVD it will read one and but not the other. It will pop up with a blank explorer window and say please insert a disk into the drive before ejecting the disc.

I can't seem to find anything online that might suggest why it's happening or how I can fix it. There are no errors in the event viewer, all the drivers are up to date and devices are reporting everythings OK in Device Management.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
is it always the same drive?
does one drive read CD and the other DVD?
each disk type uses a different laser. if the CD laser went out on drive A and the DVD laser went out on drive B drive A cannot read CDs, and drive B cannot read DVDs, but the Blu-ray laser in both are working.

rohtua

Prominent
Nov 2, 2019
is it always the same drive?
does one drive read CD and the other DVD?
each disk type uses a different laser. if the CD laser went out on drive A and the DVD laser went out on drive B drive A cannot read CDs, and drive B cannot read DVDs, but the Blu-ray laser in both are working.

No. Its whichever one I put a disk in second. If I'm just using one disk I can put it in either drive but if I then put a second disk it wont read regardless of which drive it's in.