Question Can't use Samba on a Docker folder ?

Stoutscientist

Prominent
Dec 13, 2021
Hello! I have a Minecraft PaperMC server running on Docker and I would like to be able to import files and plugins and all that using Samba, so I made a Samba share and it works but there's one issue, I can't write to it. I believe this is a permissions problem because when I transfer the MC Docker folder to my user I can write to it but then the server doesnt have permission to access it so it won't start anymore. Is there a way to give my user access to it without messing up the other permissions? I'm fairly new to Linux so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm running the newest version of Ubuntu Server

Stoutscientist

Prominent
Dec 13, 2021
I think I found my problem and it is that the docker folder is owned by group "9001" and user "9001" and when I change that to my account the container won't start. The only way I can edit the container's files is using sudo

I think I found my problem and it is that the docker folder is owned by group "9001" and user "9001" and when I change that to my account the container won't start. The only way I can edit the container's files is using sudo

Keep in mind the container will have different UIDs and GIDs. 9001 in the container may not be the same as 9001 in the host. If you want to give specific permissions to processes inside the container, you'd have to match the UIDs.