Can't use some sites red x problem

Hi i'm not quite sure whats wrong, some links just appear blank with red x,
we have all java updates and it's only certain things, like
quadplex(scrabble) wordbiz (scrabble) and rac road maps plus a few others.

I have always used these sites daily but now when i try to play i just have
a blank page.

would be glad of any advice

Red X image displayed where the applet should be, applets won't run
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/redximage.xml

You should download the newest Java software, available
free, from Sun Microsystems:
http://java.com/en/download/download_the_latest.jsp

Make sure to uninstall the old version of Java first.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP