Jun 7, 2018
Hardware:
MSI b350 gaming plus
Ryzen 7 1700
Asus GTX 1060 3gb
2x8gb RAM Adata xpg @3600
Adata sp550 SSD 240gb
Pws: EVGA 850 G2L 80+ gold

Hi, I have a problem, computer was working fine, so I downloaded some torrent of a program I needed for school it was a virus and started installing programs randomly (first time it happens to me), so I thought meh, I'm gonna reinstall windows. So I tried, problem is (before I downloaded that software) PC booted straight to windows, no POST no windows loading, and tryed using windows recovery tool, and then it kept the same, no post, no windows and not even my peripherals lighted up, fixed that after several reboots, entered bios and saw it was in UEFI/legacy mode so I switched to UEFI only because "it's faster and has benefits" and now I'm stuck in the same no post no light coming up. I tried clearing CMOS by taking the battery a long time and short time, used jumpers, and I keep getting no signal.

Thank you for your time!

Hi, I have a problem, computer was working fine, so I downloaded some torrent of a program I needed for school it was a virus and started installing programs randomly ....
A thought and certainly no help... one wonders if this might be something similar to the LoJax virus. What I gather is it infects the UEFI BIOS so that reinstalling OS, or even replacing the hard drive, can't 'fix' it.

https://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/us...cks/lojax-uefi-rootkit-used-in-cyberespionage

According to that the only sure defense is to have UEFI Safe Mode enabled...which apparently yours was not since you only belatedly enabled UEFI mode at all.

Like I said, no help, but best luck and hope you get it sorted.

TRENDING THREADS