Cant use wifi with new wifi dongle.

kakram628

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017
Hello everyone. So, recently i bought a new wi-fi adapter aka dongle for my pc, you see the problem is, when i use the wifi adapter i can connect to the router, but when i open any websites like, google, youtube, they dont open, then i went back on my old phone which i was using for usb tathering for my pc before i got the adapter, and it worked, i had access to the internet, so can someone help me with this? the adapter i got is tp-pink tl-wn725n 150mbps 2.4 ghz. Thanks.

Solution
As long as you have the V2 of that adapter it should work on Windows 7, 8, or 10. You might want to try the latest manufacturer driver even though it should be plug and play. You can get the driver HERE, which is an 82MB download so not too large...

RealBeast

Titan
As long as you have the V2 of that adapter it should work on Windows 7, 8, or 10. You might want to try the latest manufacturer driver even though it should be plug and play. You can get the driver HERE, which is an 82MB download so not too large.

If you have already installed that latest driver, download THIS free wireless analyzer tool to see if you have significant interference from other overlapping channels.

One other thing to try that's easy is to try a different USB port for the adapter.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS