Question Cant wake computer from Sleep Mode

beboman

Commendable
Aug 20, 2019
So here is my issue. My computer is in my room so when its time for bed, i like to put the computer into sleep mode so it turns off all its LED/RGB stuff so its dark. However, when i put it into sleep mode the only way to get it back out of sleep mode is to litaraly hold down the power button to restart it. Now when it comes back all my tabs are still open, but it cant be good for the computer reseting it all the time.

When i hit the keyboard all the RGB will kick on but nothing will happen, not even the keyboard RGB will turn on, so it registers the key hit i think. My mouse however will turn its RGB on and it also will get the computer RGB going but neither will wake the computer up. I have looked through the power settings and the device manager, turing the allow to wake settings on on everything i can find, and turing off the allow to turn off settings. I am simply stumped. Anyone got any ideas?

I have this keyboard and mouse, if that helps:
https://www.amazon.com/Gaming-Keyboard-SADES-Colorful-Adjustable/dp/B07BKWCYW6

I dont think it matters but this is my speccy too

Operating System
Windows 10 Education 64-bit
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 75 °C
14nm Technology
RAM
32.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING (AM4) 26 °C
Graphics
VX2452 Series- (1920x1080@60Hz)
DELL S2409W (1920x1080@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 (MSI) 36 °C
Storage
232GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250GB (SATA (SSD)) 37 °C
465GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB (SATA (SSD)) 29 °C
1863GB Seagate ST2000DM006-2DM164 (SATA ) 27 °C
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio

anyone got any ideas?

Do this.

To disable Hibernation:

1. The first step is to run the command prompt as administrator. In Windows 10, you can do this by right clicking on the start menu and clicking "Command Prompt (Admin)"
  2. Type in "powercfg.exe /h off" without the quotes and press enter. If you typed it in correctly, the cursor will simply start at a new line asking for new input
  3. Now just exit out of command prompt

Then restart the system. That SHOULD take care of your resuming from sleep problems. Hibernation and hybrid sleep are problematic on Windows 10. I don't know why they can't get it to work right but it never has and probably, due to so many different hardware configurations, never will.

Reactions: PC Tailor
What is the EXACT model of your power supply?

Have you MANUALLY installed ALL of the latest drivers from the motherboard product page for the network adapter (LAN/Ethernet) and audio, AND installed the latest chipset driver from the AMD support pages?

This one:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b350

Do you have the latest motherboard BIOS version installed?

I would recommend you do those things now, and then see if the problems are still present.

Reactions: PC Tailor

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I agree with Darkbreeze above, to check each and all of the drivers as well as BIOS.

I'd also be tempted to see if you have fast startup enabled. If you do, disable it, and vice versa.

Also just confirming Darkbreeze questions again, what is your make and model PSU?

Are you able to plug in a different keyboard and mouse and see if the issue persists? Did you manually install new drivers and remove old ones with the new keyboard?

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
seems I missed the notification as usual

Did you have to install any drivers for the mouse/Keyboard?

Do you have latest BIOS on motherboard?

Usually problems with sleep are drivers, try downloading driverview (all it does is shows running drivers) - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html
when you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all MIcrosoft drivers - will make list shorter
Can you take a screenshot showing all columns starting from (and including) Driver name all the way to Created date, upload it to an image sharing website and show link here.

we see if there is anything obvious.

TRENDING THREADS