Can't wake PC from sleep with keyboard/mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cTigon

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015
First off, I know Sleep Mode is very buggy - no one bash me for that please, but I find it useful sometimes. I know that my PC issue isn't that severe either. My temps are also great. My peripheral drivers are ALL up to date and functioning properly. BIOS latest flash, chipset drivers, mobo drivers, video card drivers all up-to-date.

So I upgraded my Mobo along with my processor not too long ago, to an MSI Z97 Gaming 5, with a fresh install of windows 10 home 64-bit. Thing is, before my upgrade (I had an asus m5a99fx pro r2.0 mobo and fx 8350) I was able to awake the PC with my keyboard and mouse (Razer BlackWidows Ultimate 2016 and Orouboros). Now, in sleep mode, I can't. I can press my power button and awake it, and it works, but that's it... my keyboard and mouse will NOT awake the PC. I'm pretty sure it's the Mobo options. I went into my BIOS and under power management everything was enabled; none of the options affected USB ports. My BIOS is flashed to the latest version, fyi, and my PSU is a great quality one. When I press the mouse or keyboard the LEDs light up, so some power must be coming through them. I did the method where I went into the control panel and configured power options regarding sleep mode for my keyboard and mouse:

1. Click Start, type Device manager in the search box.
2. Go to Device manager.
3. Click on keyboard, it will display your keyboard, right click and go to properties.
4. Select Power management.
5. Check Allow this device to wake the computer. ~ did this for both my keyboard and mouse.

Yet, I still can't awake my PC from sleep mode. Any suggestions?

my PC specs if it helps:

mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 5
cpu: Intel Core i5 4690 @ 3.5 GHz (cooled with 212 evo)
gpu: R9 390 Sapphire Nitro tri-x oc
memory: 16gb ddr3 1600 MHz HyperX FURY
I got 4 sickleflow fans outtake (back and top)
3 sickleflow 120mm and 3 corsair 140mm fans intake (bottom and front) (my temps are great)
psu: 80+ Bronze evga SuperNova 750w semi-modular.
case: corsair 730t full tower

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS