can't watch videos on browsers

May 31, 2018
my computer suddenly stopped playing videos on all browsers, I can only watch youtube videos (and sometimes not even those) and netflix (though it wont play previews).. I've got an AMD graphics card ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series version 8.970.100.9001 and i can't get a higher update. someone please help me! :'( thanks.

Solution
Could be an Adobe Flash Player issue - - - latest versions of most popular browsers don't support it any more because it's always been poor on security and always needed patching - - so recently Adobe threw in the towel and announced they would be abandoning it altogether.

Modern web browsers don't need it now -- neither does Youtube & many other video sites, but there are still some sites which haven't been updated so they still need the now defunct Flash Player. That'll be the ones you're having trouble with.

My advice is stop using those sites until the operators get them updated. That's what I do.
Hello asis3993

Please check for and install the updates for all the browsers you're using.

About the drivers, you can always check with the vendor's website for the updates as sometime the Device Manager method doesn't help much.

If your graphics card vendor no longer releases the updated drivers, you can try uninstalling the current one, and reinstalling it from the scratch.

Another option to check if the problem is with the browsers is to install another browser and see if it can play the videos?

Please report back with the results if none of the solutions work, and you need further assistance in this.

Cheers!!

Could be an Adobe Flash Player issue - - - latest versions of most popular browsers don't support it any more because it's always been poor on security and always needed patching - - so recently Adobe threw in the towel and announced they would be abandoning it altogether.

Modern web browsers don't need it now -- neither does Youtube & many other video sites, but there are still some sites which haven't been updated so they still need the now defunct Flash Player. That'll be the ones you're having trouble with.

My advice is stop using those sites until the operators get them updated. That's what I do.

Solution