[SOLVED] Cant work out difference between the different versions of Seagate Ironwolf Pro

Mar 25, 2020
Hi there. I am buying a bunch of 8TB Seagate Ironwolf Pro HDD's for my NAS. 8TB. Per Seagate's website there are three versions available, ending in serial numbers001, 0004, or 0021. Please can you help to explain the difference to me? Amazon has the 001 and 0004 and claims the 001 is an updated version of 0004. would like to understand the difference before I order.

Solution
So if you download the data sheet and open it twice and tile it side by side, you will see that there are 2 versions of the 8tb listed there with two different numbers 000 and 0021. And the only significant difference I noticed was the power consumption was different for both, so they must have different firmwares that change their power consumption. This is actually highly technical and very important for anyone looking to buy these high end drives so shame on seagate for omitting more details. I really miss their original specs sheets back in the day like for my st157n--never left any doubts:
ftp://ftp.seagate.com/pub/techsuppt/scsi/st157n.txt
So if you download the data sheet and open it twice and tile it side by side, you will see that there are 2 versions of the 8tb listed there with two different numbers 000 and 0021. And the only significant difference I noticed was the power consumption was different for both, so they must have different firmwares that change their power consumption. This is actually highly technical and very important for anyone looking to buy these high end drives so shame on seagate for omitting more details. I really miss their original specs sheets back in the day like for my st157n--never left any doubts:
ftp://ftp.seagate.com/pub/techsuppt/scsi/st157n.txt

Solution
Mar 25, 2020
Amazon claims that the 001 is the updated version of the 0004. However, I don't entirely trust Amazon, and also the 0021 looks like it could be the 2021 model. I just want to buy the most up to date version. There isn't an easy guide for non-super technical people who want to buy the newest and most current HDD so that the replacement cycle is as long as possible.