capability of old graphic cards

Solution
MERGED QUESTION
Question from varmavijay1233 : "looking to buy the old gtx970"

Depends on what you want play, what quality settings, at what resolution and fps. Is that m in 970m a typo? Because the m versions of Nvidia cards are mobile for notebooks. As of todays standards, the GTX 970 is still a good card in my opinion. But there are better cards with better money/performance ratio. Besides that, it is not bad card, I had one myself. Another question is about your hardware, if your cpu is fast enough for it, if you have enough psu horsepower in example. What do you mean by "near future"?

Scroll down to...

turbopixel

Reputable
May 18, 2015
MERGED QUESTION
Question from varmavijay1233 : "looking to buy the old gtx970"

Depends on what you want play, what quality settings, at what resolution and fps. Is that m in 970m a typo? Because the m versions of Nvidia cards are mobile for notebooks. As of todays standards, the GTX 970 is still a good card in my opinion. But there are better cards with better money/performance ratio. Besides that, it is not bad card, I had one myself. Another question is about your hardware, if your cpu is fast enough for it, if you have enough psu horsepower in example. What do you mean by "near future"?

Scroll down to the games fps section on this site and look yourself:
> https://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-970.146750.0.html

In example, the GTX 970 is still more powerful than a PS4 or XBone. You can still play most games at 1080p (full hd) at high or newer games at medium settings with 60 fps.

Solution